Verifysoft and Dofware present the “Software Testing Day”: Software testing requirements, code coverage and dynamic software testing.
Errors in embedded software can produce serious problems, mainly inside safety critical systems such as flight control, powertrain control, railway control and medical control where error is not allowed. Corresponding regulations such as DO-178C (aviation), ISO 26262 (automotive) and EN 50128 (railway) demand specific and detailed software test as well as code coverage evidence.
Depending on the criticality, developers and testers must apply different code coverage level, in order to prove that the software has been tested enough: code instrumentation by dedicated engineers is unavoidable. This implies an increase of the memory required, and new challenges rise up since RAM and ROM size available are limited on embedded system.
We will show how CTC++ can get interesting results with a low usage of embedded system RAM and ROM and how to implement code dynamic tests with TestWeaver and Silver. More in general we will show how to deal with both regulatory and technology challenges.
- Security standards;
- Software testing requirements with Reqtify, a Dassault Systemès tool;
- Code coverage on embedded targets;
- Different coverage levels;
- Practical examples of code coverage with Testwell CTC++;
- Testwell CTC++ Qualification Kit (DO178-C, ISO 26262, EN 50128, …);
- Dynamic software testing with Silver, a Qtronic tool.
- October, 21st 2014 – 9:30-17:30
- Dofware S.r.l.
- Corso Lombardia, 75
- 10099 San Mauro Torinese (Turin, Italy)
The participation is free, but the subscription is required. For more information please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org writing as subject “Participation to Software Testing Day“.
UPDATE: Unfortunately subscription is no more possible as the maximum available participation number has been reached.