- Multi engineering. A vast selection of model libraries allow multi-field, trustworthy modeling of complex integrated engineering systems.
- Intuitive modeling.
- Advanced, formally defined object-oriented modeling language.
- Open libraries. Users can easily build their own components, or adapt the already existing ones according to their need.
- Non-causal, equation-based models allow to use the same component in different backgrounds, and the same model in different studies.
- Symbolic manipulation. Dymola prevents the user from having to convert equations into assignment statement, or into block diagrams. Simulations are more efficient and reliable.
- Hardware-in-the-loop simulations (HILS). Real-time simulation with dSPACE and xPC.
- 3D real-time animation, CAD files import capability.
- Complete model libraries.
- Dymola brochure (download).
Dymola offers unique multi-engineering functionalities, which allow to build a wide range of components regarding all possible engineering fields. This way, system models may always be completed and thus accurately match reality. A vast number of component libraries are available for the most various application fields: Mechanics, Electrical, Controls, Thermal, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Vehicle Dynamics, Thermodynamics, Vehicle Transmission, Air Conditioning, etc.
Multi-engineering Dymola capabilities allow to model and to simulate any physical system that can be described by common differential and/or algebraic equations.
Dymola graphical editor and multi-engineering libraries extensively simplify the modeling process. Libraries include elements corresponding to the physical blocks, which can simply be drag-and-dropped on the worksheet to build the model, while interactions between components are described by graphical connections. This mean that models can be organized in a very intuitive manner, just as the real physical systems are made up of.
Open and Flexible Environment
Unlike other commercial modeling tools, which offer a limited amount of models, Dymola is completely open. This means that the user can create new elements in an easy and intuitive way, to answer to its own requirements. Creation may take place both from scratch, or by modifying already existing components. This structure makes Dymola the perfect tool to model and simulate new projects and technologies. Dymola is based on Modelica®, an open source object-oriented programming language, focused on physical modeling and developed by Modelica Association Modelica Association.
Dymola provides exceptional performances while solving differential-algebraic equations (DAEs). High performances and reliability are guaranteed by symbolic manipulation, which manages algebraic loops as well as constraint-reduced degrees of freedom. This techniques, together with special numeric solvers, allow real time HIL simulations.