There are several advantages while including Dymola in the design process:
- The same models of all the libraries may be used more than once, every time in a different context.
- Models are created using an object-oriented language. Thus, the user is not forced to convert equations into assignment statements.
- Dymola intuitive modelling environment allows to design even the most complex model in an easy and precise manner.
- User-built models may always be re-used at different times and for different tasks. That’s made even easier by the Dymola design environment documentation.
- 3D animation can be created, even for complex high performance models for xPC® and dSPACE®.
- Symbolic equations are automatically transformed, without erroneously incur in algebraic loops.
- Instantaneous or piecewise functions can be used, i.e. friction or impact equations.
- User can manage the details of every event, during real-time simulation.
- Dymola is able to manage automatic times and events generation for state machines.
- All models, both from libraries and user-generated, can easily be exported through FMI (Functional Mock-up Interface) for co-simulations, hardware/software in the loop and simulation aggregators.
Typical industries and activities in which Dymola can be successfully applied:
- Control design
- Industrial Automation and Machinery
- Mechanics and Compression Systems
- Real-time systems