CFD simulations were born in the aeronautical domain, where they were used firstly for studying wing profiles and, in general, for finding the best geometries able to increase the aerodynamic efficiency. In the last 20-30 years, the application fields have been enlarged, and, at the present, CFD is applied to study several kinds of technologies and processes completely different one from the others.
DOFWARE is able to help Customers in performing CFD simulations for product optimization and performance improvement over a wide range of applications. Among
- process plants, where phenomena like flow incompressibility/compressibility, heat exchange, combustion and mixing typically arise;
- automotive and aerospace domains, where both external and internal aerodynamics are aimed at shape optimization, drag reduction, consumption reduction and grip improvement to the ground in presence of wet phases;
- food & beverage sector, where the improvements of the final product quality and of the production efficiency are persisting targets;
- white goods field, where the interaction among different tools is often required;
- HVAC and conditioning systems, for the optimization of the machinery efficiency and for the setup of ventilation systems tailored to the building features;
- environment and hydraulics, where the CFD meshless techniques may help in studying possible scenarios and in predicting catastrophic phenomena;
- pharmaceutical sector, where coupled simulations are increasing which join the study of the discrete and of the continuum mechanics.