The Modelica® language new specification v. 3.4 was released in April 2017. The specification text is available directly here in pdf format or on the Modelica® web portal.
Main Changes in Modelica 3.4
The following backward compatible extensions have been introduced with Modelica 3.4:
- Automatic conversions between different versions.
- Flattening is clearly specified.
- Convert from Integer to Enumeration.
- Explicitly casting a Model to Record.
- Initialization of Clocked Continuous States.
- An added option to Ellipse Annotation to draw only an arc.
- Allowing mixed Real and non-Real Record Derivatives.
- Refinement of pure/impure functions in particular to restore backwards compatibility with Modelica 3.2.
- Additionally, about 120 minor improvements were made.